Behind every successful student there is a supportive
Behind every successful student there is a supportive parent. Your
praise, encouragement, and enthusiasm will help promote your child's success.
Having a good quality instrument and a place at home to practice free of
distraction is very important.
When starting instrumental music, we advocate renting before buying
for a variety of reasons: some children will not enjoy the experience and wish
to quit; others may need to change instruments for physical or other reasons;
certain students will only play for one semester or year then move on; the cost
to rent is less expensive than purchasing.
For the average student, it takes approximately one year to feel
comfortable about his or her instrument. Buying before learning to play can be
overly expensive, as most stores do not offer substantial refunds.
Musicare's Rental Rebate Program and Repair Services for Parents
When a student musician becomes serious about music, parents may
return the rental instrument and purchase a new one through Musicare's rental
rebate program. Read more about our rental services.
Parents also need to be assured that their children are playing on
clean instruments. Musicare uses Ultrasonic cleaning, the latest technology available
to super clean wind instruments. Read more about our repair services.
Our Resources for Parents
Musicare's Parent's Guide(PDF)
The Musicare Parent's Guide is an easy to read publication that contains
rental instrument pricing and plan details, "recommended" accessories and helpful information. Download the Parent's Guide now.
At Musicare, we believe that all instruments should
have a good home. If you are looking to buy or sell a used, new or under-played
instrument, please visit our consignment inventory page and then contact us with your request.
By choosing Musicare's "Rent Before Buying Program" parents
- Not locked into a non-refundable "option to purchase plan".
- Not required to purchase additional mouthpieces.
- Not paying full retail prices for unwanted instruments should a child discontinue music classes.
- Free to cancel whenever necessary without penalty.
- Free to exchange to other instruments.
- Automatically enrolled into the Musicare "Free over the Summer
The Musicare Rental Plan Features:
- Monthly or discounted school year payment plans.
- Rental rebates for "down the road" new instrument purchases.
- A large selection of brand name instruments to choose from.
- Educator discounts on all accessory purchases.
- A cleaned and sanitized mouthpiece or mouthpiece package.
- "Walk-in" instant repair and cleaning services.
- FREE loaner for "over night" repairs.
- Multiple instrument discounts for families renting more than one
- Instrument delivery.
through our online catalog for a listing of our rental instruments.
Brass | Percussion | Strings
Woodwind | Accessories | Videos
Reserve your rental instrument now!
Comparison Shopping In Ottawa
Musicare offers several-thousand rental instruments at affordable
set rates. Our "one price policy" ensures that ALL customers pay the
same price even if you are not the first in line.
Musicare has also been a continuous member in good standing of the
Better Business Bureau since 1975, helping to maintain a measurable standard
for customer service and accountability.
Did You Know?
Did you know that Musicare is the only repair centre in
Ottawa to offer high-tech ultrasonic cleaning? Our system will clean everything from piccolos
to giant tubas and mouthpieces.
Contact us to learn about how our rental instruments are always properly
No time to visit our store? Living at the other end of town? Ask
us about home or office delivery. We ship daily to the location of your